I was telling somebody about in grammar school we used to have the duck-and-cover drills where we'd have to go down... - Adam Reed Quotes
Quote:I was telling somebody about in grammar school we used to have the duck-and-cover drills where we'd have to go down to a fallout shelter in the basement. We'd sit on our butts on the ground next to the wall with a textbook over our heads and our knees sort of drawn up to our chest. I don't think they still do that. They're sort of sobering. You leave recess and come in for the apocalypse drill. - Adam Reed Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Last Post: soni
  For a long time, the scientists have been telling us global warming increases the temperature of the top layer in the ocean... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-15-2017, 07:30 AM
  Researchers at the Naval Postgraduate School have told us that the entire Arctic ice cap may totally disappear in summer in as little as five years if nothing is done to curb emissions of greenhouse gas pollution. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-14-2017, 10:29 PM
  My dad never graduated high school. He was a printing salesman. We lived in a two-bedroom, one-bath house in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. We weren't rich - but we felt secure. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 10 08-12-2017, 06:29 AM
  My dad didn't graduate from high school, ended up being a printing salesman, probably never made more than $8,000 a year. My mom sold real estate and did it part time. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 7 08-12-2017, 06:25 AM