I'll never forget reading Chekhov's "A Doctor's Visit" on a train to Hawthorne, New York, and I got to the end... - Adam Ross Quotes
Quote:I'll never forget reading Chekhov's "A Doctor's Visit" on a train to Hawthorne, New York, and I got to the end - the scene where the patient says goodbye to the doctor and she puts a flower in her hair as a kind of thank you to him - and I felt like a cowboy shot from a canyon's top. This is a different experience from reading a novel, I think. The emotional effect is cumulative. Let's just hope market forces don't send short fiction the way of the dinosaur, because their sales are paltry compared to the novel and this is truly unfortunate. - Adam Ross Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take it from me - every vote counts. In our Democracy, every vote has power. And never forget - that power is yours... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 9 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The answer is to end our reliance on carbon-based fuels... If we succeed, we create booming new industries, wealth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 9 hours ago
  Having cameras follow you is something that requires a little personal adjustment, but you actually do begin to forget they're there... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:25 PM
  The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say 'I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem.' You take action. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM
  You need fighters like me to battle, because frankly The New York Times and the Washington Post are not going to fight the fights that I do. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 14 08-13-2017, 07:56 AM